Thursday, June 28, 2012

Foil

Isn't it such a lovely touch? 

I un-installed the blinds from Claire's room thinking the blackout shades would install as expected. 

Nope. They were too short. I rigged the shade on the right to work for the night, but the shade on the left would have no rigging. 

Yup. That is foil you see. I felt super cool taping it to the window. And, hey, I even got to wave at Bill (our super cool neighbor who we met a year ago doing the worst Elvis impression I've ever seen) mid-foil-taping. I think he appreciates the good we are doing to help the curb appeal of our street. 

2 comments:

  1. Heh, we have the same super cool window decor as you right now! Even with curtains and blackout shades, it's not enough to keep the baby asleep, so we opt for the foil in the summer until someone can come up with a better option! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pack and play in our closet has worked for an entire year for Abbott's naps... perfectly dark and quiet. :)

    ReplyDelete