Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Waco Breakdown

Last Tuesday, I packed the car with our overnight bags, and Claire and I headed out to Dallas to see my amazing grandparents (Mel and Kiki). I had had a terrible night of no sleep, but I was determined and missed them so much, so off we went.

Well, we got to Waco...

and I called Kiki bawling because I was so tired and Claire was screaming (probably P.O.'d she had to stay in the car seat for so long... can you blame her?). I told her that we just couldn't make it this trip :( It broke my heart. :( :( :(

But, I learned 3 things that day:

1) traveling alone with an infant is tough, even if the trip is only 3 hours in your own car...
2) you should not drive after a night of no sleep, or do anything that may make you cry in such a fragile state...
3) any trip--no matter the size and scope--require planning of some sort. impromptu trips (like I used to do pre-baby) just aren't a good idea...


Good news? I've had 5 nights of decent sleep since then :D (THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the PRAYERS!!! Such power in the act of praying, people!!!) and we are looking forward to PLANNING our next trip to Dallas...

1 comment:

  1. Oh Natalie. My heart broke for you during this, and yet rejoiced at your open heart. How I love and miss your family.

    ReplyDelete